Wednesday, July 6, 2011

101 things to do....

I've been wanting to start a blog for what seems like ages. I started following a great fellow Vegan on Twitter @VeganliciousLJ and learned about a project, Day Zero. Well this project requires that I make a list of 101 things to complete in 1001 days. First on my list was to start a blog. Here I am. Writing a blog seems easy enough, but I'm finding it may not be.

Of course, me being an overachiever I decided that I would tackle a few things on my list at once. Not only is starting a blog thing 1 to do on my list; I'm giving up diet soda and sweets for 30 days too. Let me tell you this blog is easy compared to these two goals. I first and foremost am a lover of sweets. There truly must be sugar running through my veins 24/7. Diet Soda is my other weakness since I started losing weight over nine years ago.

Day 1 of my 30 day challenge was yesterday, so far so good. Day 2 was today and I stared down a Coke Zero can as if it was John Wayne and we were heading to a showdown. I had to tell myself it's 30 days and I'll be better off in the long run. I continued on to my Hot Pilates class convincing myself this diet soda story was true. Proceeding my showdown with the Coke Zero over and hour later I looked at my calendar and counted off exactly 30 days. Not for the soda, but for the SWEETS!!! I'm already planning what I can have in 30 days and I'm only on Day 2. Lord help me!

I hope to report more on my adventures tomorrow...wish me luck. A few Hershey Kisses are on the table dancing enviously at me and we may have another showdown tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment